Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lauren L starts us off!

I mixed the dirt with oil instead of honey, and the results were a little different. I don't know if it was the type of soil/oil I used, or if there's a trick to getting the consistency right, but I didn't expect for the dirt to refuse to stick to the slate I was using - to to refuse to stick to anything, really. In the picture of my 'brushes' I have a few pieces of hay, and some lavender and lambs ear filched from the garden. The lavender worked okay to create a kind of 'speckled' look, but it didn't really show up on film since the dirt wouldn't mix into 'paint' no matter what I tried - it mostly stayed somewhere between 'salad dressing' and 'coffee dregs'. The bit of the image that survived has a few of the plants off from the garden where I took my 'brushes' from. You'll have to take my word that one of the smudges on the bottom is actually a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment