Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Beatrix shows us how it's done!

Here is my attempt on a cave painting. It was harder than expected. I thought the berries that I found in the yard would give some extra color to the clay material I had found, after crushing the berries with another rock, they turned out to not be very effective. I mixed my clay with a little bit of oil and found a branch that had broken off a pine tree (which I believe to be a loblolly pine). I'm not sure if the cave men used pine needles as hair embellishment, but since it's an organic material, I thought it would add a nice touch.

The drawing depicts my son and I. I'm holding a "stone tablet" with symbols explaining the daily routine. 
The pine cone represents the natural environment we come out of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment