Monday, June 3, 2013

Lauren S. Rocks the house!

A little explanation of my cave painting: The five stick figures represent myself and my three sisters (the little ones in the middle) and my parents (the big ones on either end.) The elephant represents the strength of our family, and my parents relationship as they have been married 26 years. The mother carrying her baby represents the nurturing that my parents have showed to me and my two sisters.  The 26 dash marks on the top are for my parents 26 years of marriage.  I used charcoal, as mentioned in the book, and then I used raspberries and raspberry juice. The red line underneath the five stick figures represents the unity and bond that connects our family. I made the elephant's feet "bloody" to represent all the hard work my parents put into making our family and their marriage strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment